8 things you should know about Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, considered as the gold standard of leadership in the BJP, is the first leader from the country’s political right to be conferred with the Bharat Ratna.
Sadly, Today Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93.
Here are 8 things you should know Atal Bihari Vajpayee:
- He was born in Gwalior on December 25, 1924.
- He was a secular and moderate leader.
- As a Teenager, he was jailed for opposing the British Colonial Rule.
- He dropped out of his law school to run an RSS magazine in the early 1950’s.
- As a bachelor, Vajpayee was also a poet of some repute and he was often quoted by his party.
- He became the Prime minister for the first time on May 16, 1996.
- As India’s longest-serving prime minister outside Congress party, Vajpayee is often described as the moderate face of BJP.
- He entered into Politics during the Quit Idia Movement in 1942.