Interesting Facts about Charminar: The Essence of Hyderabad
Hyderabad is a cosmopolitan city which exclusively emulates the age old grandeur and pomps of the Nawabs who once embellished the city. It is a popular capital city in Southern India with a fascinating place stationed on the Deccan plateau and the banks of the Musi river. Hyderabad has a lot more to offer to its lovers and contenders than expected, one can explore entire Hyderabad on wheels with AHA Taxis’ Radio cabs. Hyderabad is not only renowned for only its Hyderabadi biryani but also for the ancient historical monument and mosque- Charminar. | Interesting Facts about Charminar: The Essence of Hyderabad |
Charminar as the name spells charms. It is one of the most magnificent monuments in the country which is also popular as the local and national treasure. Charminar was built in 1591 by Mohammad Quli Qutab Shah, the fifth ruler of the Qutub Shahi dynasty who was the founder of the Hyderabad. The monument is the milestone of the Hyderabad city with an impeccable square shape structure along with high towers at every single corner. It is located just in the core of the city’s busy market which is the prime reason to get huge tourists throughout the year from all over the world.Tourists also love to travel cities near Hyderabad through road by best cabs from Hyderabad to Vijiyawada. The Charminar is also known for its stucco decorations and amazing arrangements of balustrades and balconies.
Interesting Facts about Charminar
- The Charminar has a number of religious implications and now it is universally accepted that it was constructed at the center of the city to admire the elimination of plague and a destructive disease was comprehensive at the time of Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah.
- The Charminar is historically 450 years old which makes it the quite oldest monument in India. The structure of this monument is still well maintained and strong.
- There is an underground tunnel inside the Charminar which was built to connect the Golconda fort. The location of the tunnel is still a mystery.
- In the year 1889, the clock was computed on the four important directions of the Charminar. There is a water cistern with a fountain for cleansing before offering prayer in a charming destination.
- The Charminar is the implication of a lot of spiritual importance and it was constructed to honor an undertaking which the king Quli Qutb Shah has made to Allah. Charminar is a symbol of love and affection.
- The significance of the cat’s head in the Charminar which is designed in the apex of one of the small arches on the eastern side due to the reason that cats keep away rats, and once in Hyderabad, the rats almost destroyed the city.