Children’s Day is celebrated on the 14th of November in India to pay tribute to the legend Jawaharlal Nehru, who was born on the same date November 14, 1889. This day is celebrated all over India to pamper all the children around us and also commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister. | Interesting Facts about Happy Children Day |
Children are the future.
Nurture them right, so that they grow up to be able leaders.
And lead the world towards the light.
Happy Children Day
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru once said ‘The children of today will make the India of tomorrow. The way we bring them up will determine the future of the country. He worked passionately for the welfare of children and the youth soon after Independence. Further, he was particularly very passionate about welfare, education, and development of children in India. He was very fond of children and thus became popular as Chacha Nehru among his young admirers.
5 Interesting Facts about Happy Children Day
- All countries have a different date set aside to mark their national children’s day. Children’s day celebration in Nigeria is on May 27th.
- In Hindi, Children’s Day is known as ‘Bal Diwas’.
- The day is dedicated to increasing awareness of people towards the rights, care, and education of children.
- Many organizations conduct events for the children to inform them about their rights and make them happy and cheer.
- Universal Children’s day came into being after a declaration was made in 1954. November 20th is the universal date for the celebration of Children’s day.