Know the interesting and unknown facts about India which you have never heard. India has lots of tourist attractions, the heritage, culture, festivals, and others. India may be a land of beautiful nature, landscapes, colorful clothes, snake charmers, loud street music, but still, there is more to learn about this South Asian Nation – India. | Interesting facts about Incredible India |
- The oldest inhabited place that is still in use is Varanasi, India.
- A floating post office in Dal Lake, Srinagar.
- Mumbai is a dream city where dabbawallas deliver over 200000 lunch boxes by bike and train from home to office daily.
- Majuli Island of Assam in the river Brahmaputra is the Asia’s largest river Island in the world.
- Diamond’s weren’t mined anywhere else other than India before 1896.
- 70% of the spices in the world come from India.
- Half of the world’s outsourced IT services come from India.
- The state of Meghalaya, India’s ‘abode of clouds’ is the wettest inhabited place on earth.
- White tigers are only found among Indian tigers.
- The mighty Himalayas contain nine of the world’s ten highest peaks.
- Bollywood is the world’s largest film Industry.
- Bandra-Worli sea link has steel wires equal to earth’s circumference-a whopping 40,000 km.
- There is a hill in Ladakh that has magnetic properties which are strong enough to pull a car upwards.
- Tea had been growing in India for centuries before the British began its commercial cultivation.
- Indian cuisine may be the oldest continuously prepared cuisine in known human history.
- Indian Railways is the largest employer on the planet.
- It is believed that the game of chess was initially originated in India.
Interesting facts about Incredible India
DON’T WAIT! JOIN AHA PRIME NOW AND TRAVEL TO YOUR DREAM DESTINATION TODAY WITH OUR EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS FOR A WHOLE YEAR.